Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Beautiful

If you were writing a love poem to one part of yourself you haven't learned to love yet, what would it be?

My skin. It doesn't always feel like it fits right
The part of me that doesn't believe that I deserve it all.
My scarred feet
I would write to my insides and send lots of new positive thoughts to them (ovaries, uterus, cervix, etc) and apologize to my body for not taking care of it from the beginning.
My mind.
The little voice that tells me I can't write poetry.
My vagina.
I would write to my hands, they write me, they wipe my tears, they calm me down to count to ten.
My heart.
My overly passionate personality
My scarred tummy. I think I'll do that.
My gender, Or my head.
I'd write to my body in general, the imperfections externally, and the maturing pieces internally.
The part that always needs to fight something.
Anything that makes me cringe when I think about it.
My arms.
My wants
My capacity to obsess.
The part of my that was taught that harming others is essential for self preservation.
My boobs. Definetly.
My Shyness.
My awkwardness.
My heart's obsessiveness.
That part that is to clingy, or the body, including my toe hairs.
My intensity.
My negative qualities or character flaws.
That part of me I forget to remember.
My cat-loving allergies.
My chatterbox.
Inability to beat my addiction.
The part that makes mistakes and needs help sometimes.

Andrea Gibson posted this question on her facebook, and I can't get over how beautiful some of the responses are. As human beings we are completely imperfect. Let us take our character flaws, scars, and our broken hearts and love them. Envelop them with all the love you can muster then throw them out to the world to hold onto.



Andrea Gibson

No comments:

Post a Comment