Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Gipsy Kings

As most of my close friends know, my dad is Spanish. He was born in Spain and then moved to France as a young boy. It was in France that my dad gained 3 brothers, joined the LDS church and served a mission for the LDS church. After returning home from his mission he made his way over to the States where he met my mom at Ricks college. (This reason alone was why I attended BYU-Idaho in the first place.) Although English was my dad's third language I rarely ever heard him speak Spanish or French growing up. But even though I was not very exposed to languages when I was young, my dad did like to put on a little foreign music from time to time. Listening to the unfamiliar words started my desire to start learning a foreign language. As an adult I still love to listen to music from all different countries and cultures thanks to my adorable father and the Gipsy Kings.




No comments:

Post a Comment