Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Same Love

Up until high school I never thought of same sex relationships. It wasn't something that I was exposed to. Once high school hit it came close to home as my older sister started to date her first real girlfriend. For me, I was disgusted and appalled at the behavior that the two girls exuded. Today I think a little differently. Though my sister and that girl have had several challenges, break ups, and make ups, Today they are some of the happiest people I know. My sister's girlfriend has not only become a sister and a role model to me, but has become a genuine part of our family. My family wouldn't be the same without my two favorite lesbians.

Today at the gym I heard Same Love for the very first time. I was blown away by the power the song placed on me. I had to share it.

 I can't wait to be apart of this lovely couples life together, and watch them walk down the aisle toward one another. I am so happy to be apart of the family and life that they have created together, and am eternally grateful that they love each other and me too.


1 comment:

  1. This is so very sweet and inspiring.

    Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete