Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Semantic Symphony

Someday I hope to write a
semantic symphony
for you and I
whoever you are.

I hope you read it and cry
from it's beauty

I hope you read it
and appreciate
the tears poured into it,
emotion evoked in it,
and the inspiration
splashed on every cream colored page

I hope you're okay if it's not
dedicated to you,
or if there is not a poem about you

I hope it's okay if I write about myself
It's the only thing I know how to do.

I hope you love the word semantic
and the meaning you give the meaning

You see I use a lot of repetition
because it's easy and cool,
but really,

I wish that I was Andrea, telling trees
that new leaves will come around in the spring
and that icicles can be kept in your freezer for gifts

Someday I hope to write a
semantic symphony
for you I.
Whoever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment