Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The Book of Awesome

When I unpacked all of my books last weekend I found The Book of Awesome. Pretty sure I won this book in a white elephant game one year and have never really given it any attention. This morning I threw my belongings into my backpack for a Starbucks session after work, and I decided to bring The Book of Awesome with me. Here are some of my favorite awesome things I found this evening.


  • Locking people out of the car and pretending to drive away
  • The sound of rain from inside the tent 
  • Bowling celebrations
  • Using q-tips the way you're not supposed to use them (My daily routine) 
  • Rain hair
  • Adrenaline
  • Hanging your  hand out the car window
  • Sleeping with one leg under the covers and one leg out
  • The smell and sound of a campfire
  • When your suitcase tumbles down the luggage chute first after a long flight
  • Perfectly popped microwave popcorn 
  • Remembering what movie that guy is in 
  • Using rock-paper-scissors to settle anything
  • High tens
  • Seeing somebody laugh in their sleep 
  • Sweatpants
  • The smell of books (Yes!)
  • Getting in line before it gets really long
  • Getting into a bed with clean sheets after you shaved your legs
  • Snow falling on Christmas Eve
  • Paying for something with exact change
  • Intergenerational dancing
  • Illegal naps
  • When you get the milk-to-cereal ratio just right
  • Picking the perfect nacho off someone else's plate
  • Peeling an orange in one shot
  • Using all the different soaps and shampoos in someone else's shower
  • The five second rule
  • When you're really tired and about to fall asleep and someone throws a blanket on you
I am pretty sure I could pick awesome things out of this 400 page book for days. It has really made me think of all the things I have to be grateful for. 

Here are a few of my personal AWESOME experiences today

  • The perfect amount of ice in my Starbucks
  • Getting a good morning text from my best friend
  • Singing country with my boss
  • Having the service agents start calling me Meg 
  • Nate and Lindsay sending me pictures from the Pentatonix concert
  • Having Mehul read my flipping mind while Skyping 
  • Bouncing my feet to Young Folks by Peter Bjorn and John 
  • Having the guy next to me laugh at my personal conversation 
  • Leaving work at 6:05 PM
Yup, today I'm WINNING! 

No comments:

Post a Comment