Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mexico Update!
I must apologize for being the worst possible blogger ever since I came to Mexico! You see, my computer broke about two weeks into Mexico and to get ahold of a computer late at night and having the desire to blog has been slim to none. Also, I have kept in contact with several friends since coming to Mexico, and am simply bored of telling the same stories over and over again. I know that this might seem harsh, and maybe a little unrealistic, but it’s been a hard long day and for the first time in almost two months I want to blog.

First things first, peanut butter! I have never been one to eat peanut butter. Sure I have it on a pbj every once in a while, but not like this! Peanut butter has taken over my life! I am scared that when I go back to the states and don’t have delicious taco’s, torta’s, and gringa’s to entertain me I am going to live off of pure peanut butter. I have eaten more peanut butter in Mexico then I probably have my whole life.

Second, teaching is hard! I am officially giving props to all of my teachers, leaders, and mentors! When you are a volunteer it can be hard to stay motivated when kids are being troublesome.

Third, I love to travel! The past two weekends I have ended up In totally random towns in Mexico! It has been wonderful! I have had the experience of swimming in waterfalls, riding in the back of trucks, cliff jumping, living out of a backpack, dancing on a stage in front of a bunch of people, playing volleyball on the beach with Cubans, and getting tan! I am so excited to continue to pursue my dream of traveling after this adventure is over. I love not knowing what I am going to do that day or where I am! It’s been wonderful to really travel around Mexico! I am looking forward to more weekend travels soon!

Fourth, after two months of being in Mexico, I have finally joined in on the mango bandwagon. I don’t know what it was, but when I got here I thought Mangos were disgusting. Know I am craving mango’s all the time.

Fifth, the rainy season is crazy in Mexico! As mentioned in a previous post, when it rains, it rains! Earlier tonight it took six of us to try and get all of the water out of our apartment.

Sixth, Mexican children are so stinking cute! Seriously, I love them so much! I can’t get over how adorable they are! I want to take them home with me!
Seventh, my group has become obsessed with the color code test! It has been determined that I am fifty percent white and fifty percent yellow! Our whole group bases everything off of this test! It’s hilarious! I am constantly thinking about my relationships with friends and family and thinking about what colors I get along with best and what person is which color! Safe to say, it really has totally taken over all of our lives! Oh, and did I mention that we all took the love languages test as well. My two love languages are quality time and physical touch!

Finally, Mexico has overall been a very exciting and rewarding experience! Although it has had it’s ups and downs, I am grateful every day that I get to be here. I have met some of the most amazing people here and love the culture and the people. I can’t believe I have less then two months left!

No comments:

Post a Comment