Monday, March 21, 2011

I don’t consider myself a frequent flyer, but I have probably had the opportunity to fly more times then the average American. This past weekend I took a late night flight to Oregon and I realized how much I look forward to the flights that I take. Usually I find myself writing my thoughts down through out a flight and listening to my music, but I never realized how much I loved traveling alone and the opportunity of knowing no one and being in my own space.

Growing up I always traveled alone. Starting at a very young age my dad would ship me off for the summer to camps and to my mom’s family’s house out in Utah. It seemed like I was always going somewhere during the summer and consequently, always somewhere by myself. Know don’t get me wrong, I have always been a social person and always will be but being by myself is a time that I have always treasured.

Something about the orange lights and small insignificant cities that fell below me Thursday night opened my eyes to something bigger. It made me realize that I am apart of something bigger then just myself but being just by myself was simply enough. So thank you to my late night flight for making me realize that it’s ok to just be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment