Monday, March 21, 2011

Writing

I have always loved to write. Sadly, I have never found myself to be very good at it. My oldest brother Jerry is an amazing writer. For the past several years he has been an avid blogger. He doesn’t write for anyone but himself but keeps those who read his blog updated on not only his life but the important insights that he has. (To read his blog go here www.jerrysanchez47.wordpress.com) I have always been jealous of his blog. It’s written and researched well and I can’t help but wish I could write like him.

Writing for me has always been a way of expressing myself. When I’m alone and need to get something out I usually end up at Starbuck’s writing about it. I got into writing mostly when I was a senior in high school. My AP English teacher had us start out the year by writing poetry. At first I hated it, but slowly I learned that writing was a perfect way to express one’s self. What I cherish most about writing is the fact that you have to be honest. I find out how I truly feel about something when I write about it. It’s become a source of comfort in my life.

To those of you who are amazing writers like my older brother, I applaud you. It takes a lot of courage to write how you feel and share it. I hope that with this blog I can supply insightful insights into the world we live in. Like The Weepies say, the world spins madly on. So it goes. (Kurt Vonnegut)

No comments:

Post a Comment