Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Someday You Will Be Loved

This past week I took the train from Sacramento to Salt Lake. As I was washing my hands during a quick bathroom brake I noticed that someone had written on the wall “Someday you will be loved.” My mind is still carving the images of the black sharpe through and through hitting me every time.

Being in California this past week reopened my eyes to the outside world. I had forgotten how much of a bubble I put myself in here in Utah. I went through culture shock when I first arrived in Cali. I was appalled at the profanity, nudity, and worldly ways that we as a people live. Honestly, the first few days were extremely hard and I didn’t know how I was going to make it a full week.

For some reason, seeing the words someday you will be loved made me feel like everything was going to be ok. Someday everyone will be loved and whether that particular love story works out in the end or not is a mystery all in itself. It’s nice to think though that one day there will be that person that can make everything better and shield you from the world.

So, dear train vandalizer, thanks for making my day and giving me a little faith in the world. Thanks for making other people’s days and for giving them faith in the world. I had a little bit of hope restored to me that day. I hope someday you will find love just as I hope someday I will find love.

No comments:

Post a Comment